Paris Lodging: Where to Stay in Paris
Where to Stay in Paris
Finding lodging while visiting Paris is not that tricky. For those new to travelling in Paris there are 20 separate districts or arrondissements. Each community has its own unique flavor that sets it apart from the others. From the trendy “Old Paris” to the eclectic “Bellville” area a taste of Paris can be obtained from many points of view.
Within each of the twenty arrondissements there are various price points that can be secured. From the most frugal (read tiny) room to the most extravagant (read expensive) five star hotel and everything in between. Paris’ tourism exchange is very strong and a recent count revealed close to 2200 businesses supplying around 85,000 rooms [discoverfrance.net].
The general room size is smaller and much quainter than an average franchise North American hotel room. France and Paris is a unique and compact city and as a result real estate is of a premium. This makes for interesting morning conversations as most mid to lower priced hotels have a common bathroom ‘down the hall’.
Private baths are usually included in suites, but clarification between a bathtub, or baignoire, or a shower, a douche. It is a good idea as well to pack a small toiletry bag with soap, shampoo and other niceties as most hotels do not include these items.
If the plan is to stay for a week or longer another option is to consider an apartment, condominium or an apartment-hotel. These Paris lodgings offer a residential atmosphere of privacy and offer amenities such as a kitchen, private balcony, and the opportunity to drink in the Paris atmosphere from a locals perspective. These accommodations, depending on the location and size are often less expensive per night than the average hotel.
For budget travelers there are several hostels (and even camp sites) in Paris that provide budget conscious people a satisfactory place to bunk up by the night or by the week. Hostels offer a choice of private bedroom or mixed dorm room sleeping accommodations that are great for the light backpacking traveler.
Most hostels offer free breakfast, internet connections, exchange library and kitchen facilities. Remember to bring your own sleeping bag and towel while traveling in a hostel.
Bed and Breakfast
To get a real taste of the Parisian lifestyle, consider a B & B. A week end retreat or a week long stay can be enjoyed in a private room of a home or a studio. Friendly local advice can often be obtained from the proprietor. Local haunts and the best local deals are often found with the help of seasoned Paris veterans. With single room accommodations starting at around 50€ it is a good option for the frugal traveler.
Traveling on business or with a family can be accommodated with most Paris hotels. The whole family can be housed in a reasonable priced hotel that offers connecting rooms or with the simple addition of a cot. When staying at a hotel with children check to see if a reduced or even free rate is offered for children. If budget is not an issue then consider one of the finest 5 star hotels in the world. Exclusive rooms and proximity to local attractions give Paris’ hotels ‘two thumbs up’.
Other Articles On Paris
- paris apartment vacation rentals
- Be Parisian for your stay - apartment rental in paris france
- Paris France Apartments to Rent
- Vacation Rental Apartments in Paris France
- Live like a Parisian -- Vacation apartments to rent in Paris France
- Features To Consider In An Accommodation In Paris France
- Find the Perfect Apartments for Rent in Paris, France
- A Guide to Apartment Rentals Paris France
- Paris Vacation Apartments - Feel Like a Parisian
- The Pleasure of Paris Apartment Rentals
- Living with Style in Paris, France
- Enjoying Apartment Vacation Rentals in Paris, France
- Visiting Paris and Staying Near the Eiffel Tower
- Living the Life of Luxury in Paris
- Rent Apartment in Paris France
- 3 Things to Remember When You’re Looking for Luxury Paris Apartments for Rent
- The Three Best Ways to Find Luxury Apartments for Rent in Paris, France
- Five Tips for Finding Great Paris Apartment Rentals
- Three Reasons to Choose Luxury Paris Vacation Rentals Over Hotel Rooms
- Five Tips for Finding the Perfect Vacation Apartments in Paris, France
- Newbie's Guide to Paris Accommodation Apartment Rentals
- Booking Paris Apartment Rental Options
- Live Like the French with Paris, France Rentals
- Experience the Best of Paris with Affordable Paris Rentals
- Apartment Rentals in Paris France
- Paris Lodging: Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Location: A Guide to Paris Arrondissements
- Paris Hotels
- Paris Apartments: What is Included?
- Vacation Rentals in Paris, France
- Paris Vacation Rentals, Vacation Rentals in Paris, France
- Paris Accommodation: What to Expect While Staying In Paris