Staying in Paris – Which Hotel
Finding a hotel in Paris is not that difficult. With a little bit of time and some investigation a reliable, clean and safe hotel can be found within a decent price range.
Staying in Paris has been touted as very expensive. This is true but it is not as outrageous as people would like to lead you to believe. Generally there are room prices that can satisfy most budgets. From the inexpensive hostels (around $50 US per night) to the Five Star Park Hyatt Vendome at around $1000 per night and everything in between, most tastes, locations and venues can be accommodated.
A basic room at a modest hotel can vary between $100 US to around $150. The beauty is that the hotels are usually privately run and cater to the traveler. Consequently the staff is cheerful, professional and very helpful at assisting patrons with getting past the tourist traps and finding local business to support.
Don’t be surprised if the room that is rented has no bathroom. In most European countries space is a luxury and shared toilets, showers and sinks are the norm in Paris. If a shared bathroom is not part of the agenda then be prepared to shell out extra cash for the privilege of a private toilet.
Bathrooms, private or not, are probably going to be smaller than the average North American bathroom. Some hotels are over 150 years old and bathrooms have been added on as an afterthought, as a result some bathrooms have no fixed shower head for the shower and a hand held attachment is used.
The all important ‘bidet’ is still popular but don’t expect the customary shampoo, cream rinse, hand cream, sewing kit or shower cap that flanks the sink in most North American hotel bathrooms. Some hotels offer soap or a shower gel for cleaning. The 5 star luxury hotels have the niceties that people expect of a high end hotel such as terry robes, combs, razors and toiletries.
Most hotel rooms are small unless a suite is rented. Although the picture included in the brochure seems adequate what hoteliers fail to mention is that the picture shown is the picture of the lobby. Make sure when reserving a room that the room that was pictured is the room that is being rented.
Most Hotels offer helpful and polite service. Parisian hoteliers consider the client – hotel relationship in a more formal way than other countries. If requests are made it is best to make them in a formal, respectful manner to receive the best service.
Other Articles On Paris
- paris apartment vacation rentals
- Be Parisian for your stay - apartment rental in paris france
- Paris France Apartments to Rent
- Vacation Rental Apartments in Paris France
- Live like a Parisian -- Vacation apartments to rent in Paris France
- Features To Consider In An Accommodation In Paris France
- Find the Perfect Apartments for Rent in Paris, France
- A Guide to Apartment Rentals Paris France
- Paris Vacation Apartments - Feel Like a Parisian
- The Pleasure of Paris Apartment Rentals
- Living with Style in Paris, France
- Enjoying Apartment Vacation Rentals in Paris, France
- Visiting Paris and Staying Near the Eiffel Tower
- Living the Life of Luxury in Paris
- Rent Apartment in Paris France
- 3 Things to Remember When You’re Looking for Luxury Paris Apartments for Rent
- The Three Best Ways to Find Luxury Apartments for Rent in Paris, France
- Five Tips for Finding Great Paris Apartment Rentals
- Three Reasons to Choose Luxury Paris Vacation Rentals Over Hotel Rooms
- Five Tips for Finding the Perfect Vacation Apartments in Paris, France
- Newbie's Guide to Paris Accommodation Apartment Rentals
- Booking Paris Apartment Rental Options
- Live Like the French with Paris, France Rentals
- Experience the Best of Paris with Affordable Paris Rentals
- Apartment Rentals in Paris France
- Paris Lodging: Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Location: A Guide to Paris Arrondissements
- Paris Hotels
- Paris Apartments: What is Included?
- Vacation Rentals in Paris, France
- Paris Vacation Rentals, Vacation Rentals in Paris, France
- Paris Accommodation: What to Expect While Staying In Paris